1st paragraph – Domino scene
- A rhythmic collapse of everything standing in the way of what could be peace in the world.
- introduce theatricalness of v’s character
- everything is connected irony
- directors intention of a peaceful world and what must happen before then
- symbolism/ dialogue
2nd paragraph – Fight scene
- v’s theatrical nature shows even though they are fighting it is for peace
- mise en scene and symbolism
- v – freedom fighter or terrorist? “Prosecuted as a terrorist without leniency or exception” raises the question – who are the real terrorists?
- sympathy for the devil
- symbolism of v and what it stands for – knife spins 5 times – symbol paints on wall in blood at the end
Director’s purpose – James McTeigue – to show that freedom of character is important when being oppressed by the government – “People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.”